- Information Technology
- Mid-Senior level
- USD $40,000 to $59,999
Hempsana Inc. is a Canadian cannabis company specializing in cannabis derivatives with focus on Extraction & Purification, End-Product Manufacturing and Testing. The Company has approval for CBD oil extraction in the EU and Health Canada’s Standard Processing and Industrial Hemp Licenses in Canada.
The Company’s EU GMP compliant facility provides the Company access to wholesale and retail channels internationally, including the EU, Asia, South America, US and Canada. The Company’s focus is on producing consistent high-quality cannabis extracts for use in end-product development, specifically for topical creams and infused edibles.
Hempsana has carved out a competitive edge through disruptive technology which enables the Company to be a highly efficient manufacturer of cannabis extracts, with sights on being the lowest cost producer of cannabis derivatives in Canada. We have recently expanded our manufacturing to produce consumer end products and are looking for excited individuals that would like to be part of the Hempsana growth story.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Technician oversees all activities related to the extraction and refinement of cannabis oils, and the manufacturing of extract-based as well as consumer end products.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist with cannabis oil production: extraction, filtration, distillation and crystallization.
- Assist with the packing, filling and labelling of end products such as dried flower, pre-rolls, vape carts, tinctures, topicals and edibles.
- Assist in the development of new products.
- Maintenance of all equipment related to the production process and must be very handy with tools and be able to handle 50 lbs of weight.
- Maintain strict inventory control over starting materials, intermediates and finished product.
- Maintain batch production records in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Comply with GMP, Standard Operating Procedures, and in accordance with health and safety standards at all times.
- Maintain a safe, clean and legally compliant workplace
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Coordinate with other supervisors, leads, and managers to obtain maximum use of resources.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Background in quality assurance is an asset but not required.
- Coordinate and oversee technicians work assignments and special projects.
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience with ethanol extraction, separation, and distillation processes
- Experience with co-pack manufacturing processes
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing including within a lab environment
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating staff, vendors, and other departments
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker
- Able to interface directly with cross functional teams
- Proven problem identification skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude