- Human Resources
- Mid-Senior level
- USD $60,000 to $79,999
Under the umbrella of Acreage Holdings, a national leading cannabis firm, Prime Wellness of CT, has an immediate need for a full-time Human Resources Coordinator. Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis’ beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of The Botanist. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, HRIS maintenance & Employee Relations
- Partners with the Director to performs all human resources functions with the utmost confidentiality and in compliance with Acreage policies and procedures
- Addresses employee issues, concerns and/or questions in a professional and timely manner
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting including; managing the requisition process; creating and/or updating job descriptions and postings; identifying recruiting sources; posting advertising on job boards and utilizing social media; screening candidates; conducting reference checks, overseeing mandatory background check process; and presenting/negotiating offers
- Coordinates candidate interviews with hiring managers; assist hiring managers with developing interview questions; and training managers to complete candidate evaluation forms
- Supports employees by fielding and answering general payroll, PTO, HRIS system and benefit inquiries and partners with Regional HR Manager as needed.
- Represents the company at job fairs and/or recruiting events
- Submits online background investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Conducts onboarding, including completing and verifying I-9 documentation, preparing and maintaining employee files, and facilitating orientation training
- Partners with Regional HR Manager on employee relations concerns
- Assists with the preparation and execution of the performance review process.
- Assists with the maintenance of employee files including processing transfers, promotions, and terminations and maintaining management approvals
- Assists employees with electing and/or updating benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Periodically audit timecards to ensure compliance and adherence to meal/break and attendance policy
- Suggests & assists with execution of engagement initiatives and activities
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Looks for ways to improve processes and makes suggestions to Regional HR Manager
- Performs related duties as assigned by manager
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree required, specialty in Human Resources Management, organizational development or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years of human resources experience
- Strong in-house recruiting background preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S. Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com