- Business Development
- Entry level
- USD $20,000 to $39,999
BZAM Cannabis is as awesome as it sounds! Approved by Health Canada, we are a multi-licensed Canadian cannabis producer that stands for quality, innovation and integrity. We focus on people first by offering an inclusive work environment that values diverse perspectives and empowers people to action their ideas and reach their full potential.
We are a growing company with many internal opportunities for career advancement. We operate facilities in the Lower Mainland, West Kootenay and Vancouver Island in British Columbia, and our sister companies operate facilities in Edmonton, Alberta, as well as retail stores in Winnipeg Manitoba and Emerald Park, Saskatchewan. With accomplished teams in leadership, cultivation, manufacturing and retail, our focus on revolutionizing the cannabis space is the cornerstone of our business.
- Assist in managing the licensed site’s Quality Assurance Department and assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SOPs & Quality Management Programs and projects to ensure GPP compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations. Work cross-departmentally to implement SOPs (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Security);
- Support site in development of training programs around SOPs pertaining to GPP and Record Keeping Compliance; Collaborate training programs with Human Resources and assess training gaps continuously; • Implement quality control programs/systems for cannabis cultivation and storage;
- Collaborate on development and implementation of programs around GPP & Record Keeping Methods for sanitation of premises, equipment, cleanliness, hygienic behaviour of personnel, and facility maintenance;
- Collaborate with Regulatory and Security Departments to develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine quality assurance compliance according to Cannabis Regulations; and • Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder;
- Support regulatory reporting (CTLS and CRA reports) and inventory control functions;
- Other duties as required.
What You Bring:
- BSc. in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology or Food Science, obtained or recognized by a Canadian University;
- 5+ years’ management experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a production environment; • Preferred knowledge of plant chemistry, extraction and formulation systems, and chromatographic techniques;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Solid ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite and additional technical proficiency; and You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management. You Are an EXCEPTIONAL LEADER with developed management and coaching skills, a strong sense of integrity and work ethic. You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR capable of speaking and writing professionally, clearly and concisely. You are a RESEARCH GURU, proficient in researching and retaining complicated compliance knowledge.
- Proven knowledge and experience in the stated responsibilities of the position (i.e. Food, Pharma, NHP);
- Previous experience as a stand-alone QA/QC resource having direct responsibility for determining strategic objectives to meet quality with given resources and carry out tactical execution.
- Preferred experience with cGMP, GAP, GLP, HACCP, ISO and FDA; and
- Preferred experience with design inspection methods, fabrication and production of medical cannabis.